3-Night Stay for 2 (2788-2n)
Private Tour of the U.S. Capitol Building with Noted Historian, Fairmont Washington D.C. 3-Night Stay for 2 (2788-2n)
This Experience Includes:
- 3-hour private guided tour for 2 of The Capitol and surrounding buildings
- 3-night stay in a standard Fairmont room at the Fairmont Washington DC
- Daily breakfast for 2
- Winspire booking & concierge service
Private Tour of the U.S. Capitol Building "The Most Famous Building in the World"
You and a guest will tour The Capitol as members of the U.S. Capitol Historical Society with the Society’s Chief Guide, and dine at a famous Capitol Hill restaurant.
Included on your 3-hour tour on Capitol Hill:
- Visit the Houses of Congress.
- View famous historic spots: the Rotunda, Statuary Hall, the Old Senate and Old Supreme Court Chambers, and the Crypt.
- See famous artwork throughout the building.
- Discuss history with a knowledgeable and engaging historian.
- Visit your Congressman's and Senators' Capitol Hill offices.
- Explore the new half-billion-dollar Capitol Visitor Center.
- Visit the fabulous Library of Congress, as seen in the movie National Treasure.
- Dine among insiders at a famous Capitol Hill restaurant (cost of the meal is not included).
- Annual membership in the U.S. Capitol Historical Society
Beyond the public’s standard tour, your unique experience will be guided by historian Steve Livengood. He has spent more than 40 years studying and observing the Congress and its activities, the Presidents who have come and gone, and the workings of the most successful democratic society in human history. Note: If Mr. Livengood is not available on the day of your tour, your guide will be a former Member of Congress, retired official of the House of Representatives, or other experienced Capitol Hill veteran.
There is so much to see and do in Washington, DC, that you can't see it all in just one day. Here are some additional suggestions of free and interesting things to do in the area:
Tour the other Houses of Government: the White House & the U.S. Supreme Court
Explore the Smithsonian Institution & Museums
Tour the National Mall, Monuments & Memorials
Take a walk through Georgetown
Explore Mount Vernon
Fairmont Washington DC
Enjoy a 3-night stay in a standard Fairmont room including daily breakfast for two at this AAA 4-Diamond property located in Washington’s fashionable West End and adjacent to historic Georgetown. The Fairmont Washington, DC, Georgetown is considered one of the premier luxury hotels in Washington, offering unsurpassed service and amenities for discerning travelers. At 17,000 square feet, the mezzanine-level health club is one of the city's largest and most comprehensive, featuring a 45-foot lap pool and squash and racquetball courts, as well as a whirlpool, sauna, aerobics rooms, exercise bikes, treadmills and fitness stations with headphones and TVs.
Winspire Booking & Concierge Service
Winspire provides a team of seasoned travel professionals who will help you redeem your experience. All travel related details and reservations are handled for every part of your Winspire experience. Operating as a full-service travel agency, Winspire can assist with extra hotel nights, airfare, and additional guests. This service also provides you with an established network of onsite contacts who can help you book additional experiences, activities and tours.
Travel must be completed within two years from the date of purchase. Reservations are subject to availability, and must be booked a minimum of 60 days prior to travel. Ground transportation is the responsibility of the winner unless otherwise stated. Certificates cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. Purchases through charity fundraisers are non-refundable and packages cannot be resold.
Why not check out some similar experiences